Sunday, December 20, 2015

Upward Flag Football: 2015

Well, here it is folks...I let my guy play football.  Me?  The one who has ALWAYS said she would not let her kids play football.  Ha!  Well, I let him.  I even sort of encouraged him to.  What?  I still shake my head when I think about it.  But I am really glad I let him play.  I will say here though that I will not let him play tackle football.  Tackle football has always been the real issue for me and I just assumed I wouldn't let him play flag football either because I didn't want to spark a love for football.  But, he played.  He loved it.  I loved it.  And it was so good for him. And I will even let him play again next year if he wants.  It was a great introduction to being on a team, playing a sport, listening to a coach, etc.  He had so much fun.  He ran up and down that field with a huge smile on his face.  He made THREE touchdowns in his season (the first one in his first game).  He was a good teammate, a good sport, obeyed his coaches wonderfully, and had so much fun.  What a great experience!  His two coaches are both great friends of ours and dads of two of Carters best buddies.  They were wonderful coaches and made Carter feel so great about himself.  At the end of each game they have a star ceremony.  This is where the coaches pick out a character trait that they think each kid exemplified during the game and announce it in front of the team and all of the parents.  This was such an awesome part of playing and a great way to build up each child!   


He got to be on the same team with his buddy Owen and Colton.  Even Grace, Eloise, and Edie played who are also friends from church.







This was such a fun part of each game too.  Jason Horton would announce each player and they would run through the tunnel and high five everyone as they run past.  So fun!











The beginning of his very first touch down.  Yes, I snapped pictures every second down the field and here they are...














TOUCHDOWN! 




Getting his very first award...which happened to be the Christlike award.  I was one proud mama!


No comments:

Post a Comment