Saturday, November 14, 2015

Iowa 2014: Part 1

The morning after we lost our baby and had a D&C at the hospital, we flew to Iowa.  What a week!  Jay's sister was getting married and we weren't going to miss it.  We just had to delay the trip a couple days but we made it.  We are so grateful for my health after going through that procedure.  I was healthy enough to fly and made it without too much trouble.  I was just a little weak and had to take it easy but God was good to us on that trip!  Jay carried all the luggage and the two year old.  He took great care of me to make sure I didn't over do it.  I have a great husband.  The break from Salem was a needed blessing as well.  The thought of being around everyone that I knew and that was a part of such a massive loss just seemed too hard in the moment.  It was good for me to get away for many days.  I cried a lot.  I had a lot of time to think and pray.  And I was taken care of.  The kids were distracted by family and fun on the farm.  I needed to know my kids were okay while I grieved and the distraction was perfect.  Coming home was hard.  I had to walk back into a reality that I didn't want.  But I was very thankful for the reprieve.





The kids were amazing.  Again, God was very good to us.  They both napped which was a welcomed surprise!





You know...just moving the swing around the farm with the tractor.








This is basically what she did the entire trip.  She could swing for hours at a time and not get bored! 






And Carter rode his tractor from Grandpa for hours at a time.  He loved it and had free reign of the farm!








We will cherish this picture forever.  This wonderful man is now in Heaven but he sure did love my babies!


Since Carter had the tractor from Grandpa, he wanted to make sure Madelynn had something special too.  Grandpa bought her a pink trike.  We now have it here in Salem and will be giving it to her (from Grandpa) for Christmas.
















Visiting Jay's Grandpa's grave.







Life on the farm...we love this place.  We also miss this place.  Another blog post about that someday in the future.  But our time on the farm will never be the same again. And that breaks my heart.  But I am forever grateful for the time we did have and all the memories we have forever.  This was an amazing place to go visit with our kids.





















This was a stray cat on the farm that Madelynn fell in love with.  He was dirty but so sweet and she loved to follow him around everywhere. 





This was something Jay loved to do...work with his dad.  He loved taking on projects that his dad had for him as soon as we got there.




Story time before bed.  Kayden enjoyed doing our bedtime ritual with us.



Jay, the wedding decorator.  We got to help his sister get ready for the big day.


She is such a little mama.  Always taking care of her babies.




Just riding around all the big machines...every little boys dream.



Love this place...






Dirty hands from all the fun on the farm.





No comments:

Post a Comment