Friday, July 17, 2015

Mason is THREE Months!

Mason is actually three months and nine days (my bad).  And he is delicious.  Seriously, this kid is just about the cutest and sweetest thing ever.  I could just kiss him all day long.  And tonight, at three months and nine days old, he laughed at me for the first time!  It was beautiful!  A real giggle and he kept doing it every time I made a high pitched squeal because I was so excited to hear him laugh.  And Jay was the one holding him so I have a witness.  I love the stage he is in right now.  He still sleeps a lot during the day but is sleeping so much better at night and is starting to interact with us.  He started smiling over the last month and it is the most beautiful smile.

Mason has big eyes!  People comment on his eyes a lot.  He is still ridiculously obsessed with his brother and sister and gives them the most smiles of anyone.  He loves when they hug and kiss him and try to make him smile.  He smiles all the time too!  He has also really started to coo and make intentional noises at us.  It feels like he really does have a very sweet personality.  I hope it stays that way!



He is sleeping really well at night!  He goes down after his last feeding sometime around 9ish (sometimes earlier, sometimes later depending on when his evening nap was).  Last night he slept until 4:45 for his first feeding which isn't too bad but the night before he slept straight until 6:45!!  Glorious!  Most nights it is just one feeding somewhere between 3:30 and 4:30.  And then he sleeps again until 7 or 8.  He is doing really great.  He still takes 3 to 4 naps during the day too and some of those are two to three hours long.  He loves his swing and still naps in it most of the time.  But he sleeps great in his crib in his and Carter's room at night.



He is wearing a few 0-3 month clothes but is quickly moving into 3-6 month stuff.  But he is still in size one diapers but once those run out we'll move him into size two.  He still eats every three hours or so unless he is in the middle of one of his long naps.  We haven't had to do bottles since his first couple weeks of life so I have no idea if he will ever take a bottle if I want him to.  But he nurses great.



He is my last baby and for that reason I am sad when he moves out of phases.  For example, he is now three months which in my mind makes him not a newborn anymore.  I'll never have a newborn again...which makes me sad.  But I also feel true contentment in how God knit our family together just perfectly.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that our family was meant to be a family of five.  The peace I feel in having three beautiful children and being done with that is overwhelming.  I am so thankful God has given me such a peace about not having four.  My family is just perfect for me.  And I am so thankful for them.



In his three short months of life Mason has gone to a parade, taken a ride on a tram in Portland, had hundreds of snuggles and kisses, traveled to visit and meet family twice, and has won over the hearts of all of us!  Coming up next for him is his first trip to Disneyland and his first time on an airplane. Both happening in the next couple of months!

Mason Henry, you are one special little dude and we couldn't be more thankful for you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment